Pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC)
Pancreatic cancer has the highest mortality of any solid tumor with patients diagnosed late having <5% chance of survival after 5 years. PDAC represents 95% of all PC, often associated with low infiltration of tumor CD8+ T cells and an immunosuppressive microenvironment characteristic of a poor type I immune response.
Elderly pancreatic cancer patients and younger patients who are not able to tolerate more intensive treatments such as FOLFIRINOX have very few treatment options to help manage their disease.
Current systemic treatment options include chemotherapy and radiation that have limited efficacy and high toxicity in this setting. Current standard of care for these patients is gemcitabine plus Abraxane (nab-paclitaxel).
Targeted immunotherapies have been largely unsuccessful in this cancer type.
IMM-101 Addresses a Significant Unmet medical need
Pancreatic cancer is the fifth-most-common cause of death from cancer in the United Kingdom and the third most-common in the United States.
Systemic treatment options for pancreatic cancer with better tolerability, novel MoAs, and improved efficacy are needed, especially for patient sub-groups with poor performance status and those who are FOLFIRINOX ineligible.
Most new treatment regimens will be in combination with existing therapy, creating substantial appeal around a treatment that adds little toxicity to standard of care therapies.
Preservation of quality-of-life is a high value need for patients, caregivers and family, especially in the context of the current limited duration of survival in PDAC.